What is life really like as a self-employed parent? I’m running a survey to try and find out.
From childcare to pensions, work-life balance to working-from-home — I’m hoping to find out more about who we are, where and how we work, what challenges we all face and what could be done to make life a little easier.
In the two years I’ve been running Doing It For The Kids, I’ve heard a lot of stories from freelance and self-employed parents about how they make it work and, crucially, how they don’t. And while the range of experiences is vast, there’s a hell of a lot of things that we all seem to have in common.
So I’m launching a survey to try and bring those experiences together in one place and — hopefully — identity some common themes. I’m hoping the results will be interesting to all of us, whether you’re a parent thinking about going freelance or are already living it.
I’d love your support with this. The more people that respond, the more useful the results will be.
As a thank you, anyone who takes the time to complete the survey will also be given the opportunity to enter a competition to win over £1,000 worth of business support from some amazing freelance parents from within the DIFTK community. Simply supply your first name and email address at the very end of the survey.
One lucky winner, picked at random, will receive:
- 1 x ‘Vision & Strategy‘ session with business and brand strategist Amanda Appiagyei
- Free Pass to business consultant Jessica Fearnley‘s Business Club for Grown Ups Membership Programme
- 1 x Success Coaching Call with business coach Cori Javid
- 2 x ‘The Pacifier‘ sessions with digital marketing consultant Maxine Kerley of Digital Bon Bons
- 1 x WordPress Website Security, Backup & Performance Review with web designer Dave Smyth
- 1 Years Full Service Accounts for a Sole Trader OR 50% off Full Service Accounts for a Ltd Company with Ethne Tooby of Wood Street Books
- 1 x Labour of Love Notebook by Lucy Green of Brand New Mum
- 1 x Doing It For The Kids Reward Chart Bundle with achievement stickers and pin badge
The competition is open from 17 October 2018 to midnight 6 January 2019.